Sunday 25 January 2015

- BLUSHER DUPE - Mac in Sincere and B.Cheeky in Golden Peach




Hello everyone!

I've got a dupe for you today! It is the MAC Sheertone Blush in the shade Sincere and the B.Cheeky blusher in the shade 081 Golden Peach by the B. range of Superdrug cosmetics.

First of all, I would like to explain that I purchased the MAC Sheertone Bush in Paris last year, prior to my commitment to buying cruelty-free cosmetics products. There has been a lot of speculation about the cruelty-free status of MAC Cosmetics as once upon a better time they were openly against animal testing, claiming to test their products on models, not animals. However, they now state that their products are not tested on animals "except when required by law," and so this basically means yes, they do test on animals (aside from the fact that they are actually owned by the cosmetic giant Estee Lauder, a company who openly tests on animals which is enough really to not consider MAC a cruelty-free brand).

Now that that's out of the way, I'd like to move on to talk about both blushes, starting with the MAC:
I'm not going to lie, this is a gorgeous shade. The lady that sold it to me described it a not being a peach yet not being a rose, but really I would definitely describe the shade as a warm peach. Having said that I'm really pleased about this, as rose shades generally make me look a bit ruddy. The texture is light and velvety and is really easy to build up colour. It's also great for contouring and can act as a very light matte bronzer on fairer skin in the winter.


But here is the best part: I have essentially found a cruelty-free version. Now I will say this: reviewing products and cosmetics that test on animals is not something that I want to keep doing because I don't want to be affiliated with those companies in any way. However, I may do so from time to time in posts like this for the sole purpose of comparing them to the far cheaper, cruelty-free dupes so as to show how utterly great (and a lot cheaper!!!) the animal-friendly products are in comparison.


And here we are! The B. Cheeky blush by Superdrug's cosmetics range. While you get a little less in the pan, the MAC is about four times the price so we can give that one a miss. The texture is uncannily similar: almost silky, and is easy to blend on the face and to build up colour. The one major difference is that this blush has a slight shimmer. I can't make up my mind whether I like that or not but I will say that the shimmer is very, very subtle on the face and does actually give the cheeks a nice glow. A tell-tale sign of the price difference is the lasting time of this blush. I feel like you would need to keep topping it up throughout the day BUT - look how small and cute and compact it is! And for such a good price, you can apply this stuff to your face as often as your heart desires without feeling in the slightest bit guilty. The colour is also not as pigmented, so you may want to combine this blusher with a matte bronzer or maybe a similar peachy shade to build up a lot of colour. I would say you only need to do this if you're going on a night out or for drinks and the like, but for everyday wear, the strength of the colour is perfectly adequate, especially on fairer skin like mine.

Overall I really do like the blushers by B. (is that it's actual name? I dunno!). I also have the shade 069 Rosy Brown, so if you would like me to do a little review of that just let me know!

I hope this little dupe/review was helpful or even the littlest bit insightful!
If you would like to see more of these kinds of posts or have found any cool dupes or alternatives to non-cruelty-free/high-end products, let me know in the comments below!

Bye for now!
Georgia xo

No comments:

Post a Comment